January 1, 2021
Notice for patients nationwide - you are entering into a contract with DTG Naturopathic, P.C., a California Professional Corporation (DTGN).
- Website Content. Other than the personalized doctor consultation received, or the personalized nutritional advice we give you during a consult, you should not consider Content on the Website to be medical advice.
- Trademarks. Certain names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Website may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Diet Doc or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Diet Doc. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE PROVIDE THE WEBSITE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DIET DOC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DIET DOC OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OF THE APP, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope, and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- Geographical Restrictions. You may only use the Website from a device located in the states in which we operate. DIET DOC makes no representation that the Website is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the states in which we operate.
Informed Consent of Services Performed by DocTalkGo Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio or video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Responsibility for patient care should remain with the patient’s local clinician, if you haveone, as should the patient’s medical record.
- Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home) while either physician consults and obtains test results atdistant/other sites.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face- to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult.
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the systems and equipment.
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors.
By checking the box associated with “Informed Consent”, You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect the privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my written consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand there are alternatives to telemedicine consultation, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting healthcare provider.
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my healthcare provider and consulting healthcare provider in order to operate the video equipment. The above-mentioned people will all maintain the confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following:
(1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that is personally sensitive to me;
(2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine examination; and/or
(3) terminate the consultation at any time.
Patient Consent To The Use of Telemedicine
I have read and understood the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all ofmy questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation andhave had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA“) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials appearing on the App or Website infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. In addition, if you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. One place to find more information is the U.S. Copyright Office Website, currently located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright. Any written Notification of Claimed infringement should comply with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A) and should be provided in writing to Director, DTG Naturopathic, P.C. 1141 Brand Boulevard Suite 306, Glendale, CA 91202